The Conference Aston Hotel is the perfect place to stay when visiting Birmingham. The hotel boasts 162 en-suite bedrooms with TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial phones and free wireless internet access. With a choice of single, twin and double rooms we can cater for groups of any size and best of all, we don't charge single supplements! If you are looking for something extra, why not upgrade to one of our superior bedrooms?
PLEASE NOTE: This accommodation is a non-smoking venue.
We offer snacks and light bites in the bar, which are ideal before you head out to your event, or why not take advantage of our pre theatre two course dinner and then enjoy dessert and tea/coffee when you return. Our lounge and bar has Sky TV so you can enjoy a drink and relax after your busy day.
Set within the landscaped grounds of Aston University in the city centre, Conference Aston's hotel can be found on Aston Street, just a ten minute walk from Birmingham's main shopping area. As we are so central, you will be able to access many of Birmingham's key attractions such as the ICC, the Symphony Hall, the National Sealife Centre, The National Indoor Arena and during November and December, the renowned German Christmas Markets, all of which are approximately five minutes away by taxi.
From Monday 5th August 2013 until Monday 7th October 2013 inclusive, the restaurant, lounge and bar services, including breakfast, provided by the Conference Aston Hotel will take place in the Lakeside Conference Centre, two minutes’ walk from the hotel building. During this period, expansion and full refurbishment works will take place to provide exceptional new bar and dining facilities from Tuesday 8th October 2013. On the night of Sunday 4th August 2013, no restaurant or bar facilities will be available due to works taking place in the hotel. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to speak to a member of our team prior to your arrival.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 1 June 2023
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 2 June 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Single with shower||£37.00 per room (room only)|
|Standard Double||£53.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Map & Directions
Click here to view map
Conference Aston's hotel is located within the Aston Business School Conference Centre, which is on the Aston University campus along Aston Street, just off Woodcock Street.
IMPORTANT: If travelling by car, please note that Aston Street is now closed to through traffic and Google maps and Sat Nav systems do not yet reflect this. For access to Aston Business School Conference Centre, please access Aston Street from Woodcock Street and NOT the main road, James Watt Queensway.
If you are using a GPS system to find us the Post Code for the venue is B4 7ET. On some GPS systems this will take you to Corporation Street, however you will need to search for Aston Street to get to the hotel.
Car parking is charged at £4.50 between 8am and 8pm and £1.00 overnight.
There is a drop off bay outside the hotel on Aston Street, where you can drop your luggage off and check in; you can also pay for your car parking and our reception team will then provide you with directions to the car park.
Public Transport Directions
The NEC and Birmingham International Airport are 9 miles away, approximately 20 minutes away by taxi and are easily accessible by train. If you are travelling by train, Birmingham New Street Station, Moor Street Station and Snow Hill Station are a 10 minute walk away and all have taxi ranks available.
- Disabled Accessibility - 4 accessible rooms are available which are suitable for disabled guests
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms are non smoking
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Additional meal details - Bar and Restaurant menus are available to hotel guests and for guests with specific dietary requirements. If you speak to a member of the restaurant or bar team, we will endeavour to accommodate you needs.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - £22.50
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Polish spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Indoor pool
- Other sporting facilities - Five Aside Astro Turf pitches, Games Hall for Badminton, Netball, Basketball and other team sports.
- Swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 80 designated hotel guest spaces. Disabled spaces are also available.
- Off site parking - If the onsite car park is full, additional car parking is also available at Millennium Point, which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
- On site parking - Parking spaces are available on a first come first served basis at a charge of £4.50 8am-8pm during the day and £1.00 overnight 8pm-8am.
- Euros accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - The Lakeside Venue is available for Weddings.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Business Centre
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages - The Lakeside Venue is licensed for Civil Marriages
- Night porter
- Pets accepted - Guide Dogs only.
- Public telephone
- Staff Fluent in Languages - Other - Polish, German, French, Spanish
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Under cover cycle bays next to the hotel